Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Why Obama's a Class Act

The year is 2004. A small town reporter for the Henry County Daily News finally builds up the courage to talk to the apple of his eye (a foxy intern for a competing paper) while attending a press conference held by then state senator Barack Obama. This local reporter even manages to sit next to her, probably flirting with just the right amount of charm and humor. No doubt motivated in part by the desire to sweep his coveted intern off her feet, he stands to ask a question during the question-answer period of the press conference... and that's when Obama declares open season on him in front of hundreds. As casanova tries to spit out his question, Obama cuts him off:
“Wait a minute son, this is for professional media only” (Obama)

“What do you mean? I work for the local paper,” (love-struck reporter)

“Oh, I’m sorry. I thought you were a college student. You have such a baby face,” (Obama)
Our reporter turns back only to see his dream girl laughing at him right along with everyone else... and bam, just like that, a budding romance is crushed underfoot. The resentment over a love lost, however, has been nursed for over two years now.

That is... until Obama made things right last week.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least we will have a president that refers to working it with the ladies as "game".

I will finally be able to understand a politician.

Anonymous said...

Don't be fooled anyone, this Barak is a LIAR...He's a politician and he said "i didn't know there were any ladies in the room..." BULL CRAP!!!

Pretty cool story though.

Sounds similar to a time when the owner of this blog tried to humiliate me in front of a females house by honking the horn and yelling "TFB LOVES YOU!!". I'm STILL waiting for my apology

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Kramer will vote for him?

Anonymous said...

Well according to Sinbad, Kramer can't apologize, he can't do anything to ever right this wrong.

Anonymous said...

Sinbad huh? The awesome comedians are coming out of the woodworks now.

Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Good stuff.

Marc said...

Maui - True 'dat

TFB - You loved every minute of it. Up until you got married, you kept wanting me to drive by her house so I could do it again (didn't seem to give a damn what her husband thought... did you?)

BA - Think that would appease Sinbad?

Sue Ellen - Why thank you.

King Family said...

"Drivebys" are fun, I used to do that in high school......Obama seems cool, I don't really care, I think the next election will come down to who I don't want to vote for unfortunately.

Marc said...

Hmmm... did you listen to the last link on this post blondemama?

Marc said...

And just what were you looking for?

smootheP said...

Apparently anonymous WASN'T looking for some current Sinbad commentary. Although I just googled Sinbad and all the other commentary is from '99 and before, so this blog definitely has the latest on Sinbad. Maybe you could use that as an advertising point Marc.

Tara said...

The brother has got my vote. That was CLASSY!

Anonymous said...

I’m as wary of politicians as TFB and I really haven’t followed Obama’s politics that closely but I’ve had a man crush on him since his speech at the 2000 Democratic National Convention. When I heard his speech my first thought was; either that man will be the JFK of the 21st Century or he will fall in scandal and ruin. (Hopefully the former because this country is in desperate need of inspiration.)

Marc said...

Smooth - Hey, well we do try to focus on the important things here on this blog.

Tara - Yes, yes it was.

Huck - I would have to agree. We truly are in need of inspiration. If you liked that speech, here's another goodie.